Joint Interim Conference of ISA RC02 “Economy and Society” and ESA Economic Sociology Research Network with the support of ASA Economic Sociology Section.

Visa Support

Every foreign citizen needs a Russian visa to enter / leave Russia, except nationals of Serbia and CIS countries (former USSR without Baltic States).

You can get a Russian visa in a Russian consulate at the country you're currently in.

To apply for Russian visa you need the following set of documents (as provided by Russian Federal Migration Service):

Invitation letter

The invitations for HSE conference participants are arranged by LOC. You need request a visa invitation letter during on-line registration for the Conference – just click on the relevant box and answer the questions that appear. Visa invitation letters cannot be provided until you have registered for the Conference.

To get an invitation letter you need to fiil in an application form which should be submitted through individual account at the Conference website Application Form for Invitation Letter

The size of consular fees for issuing Russian visa is established on the basis of reciprocity. For citizens of European Union visa fee is 35 euros, and in case of urgent visa (not more than three days) it is doubled.

Toursits vauchers for Participants' companions who do not take part in the Conference

The Conference Travel Partner "Reisebuero WELT" offers free support for getting  tourist visa in conjunction with accomodation. For additional information on getting tourist visa, please, contact Ms. Yekaterina Yesina:
Tel.:  +7 (495) 933-78-78, ext. 190
Fax: +7 (495) 933-78-77
E-mail: eee@msk.welt.ru

Migration card

From the 25th of November 2002, all foreigners are obliged to fill in a migration card, which will be given to them the instant they cross the Russian border. It is required to put in the migration card: 1) personal information, 2) terms of stay in Russia and the purposes of the visit and 3) the prospective residential address. It is obligatory to fill in the name of the inviting company and the address of the inviting company. The card should be handed over to immigration officials on the border when leaving the country. The migration card is not something complicated, it's just another paper to fill in and is similar to the "landing card" given to non EU citizens when they fly to Europe. Please, do not lose a migration card! In case of damage or loss of migration cards foreign citizen must within 3 days declare this in the office of FMS of Russia (the address is Pyatnickaya st., 49)) in order to get a duplicate of damaged or lost migration card. Migration card duplicate is issued free of charge.

Visa Registration

Upon arrival to Russia a foreign citizen needs to go through the visa registration procedure in Immigration service within 3 working days. If  you live in a hotel it goes automatically at the place of residence being arranged by a hotel.

If you stay in a private sector the next day after arrival you should come to HSE Interntational Support Department (Myasnitskaya, 20, room 533) with your passport and migration card. 

The procedure of migration registration is free of charge.


If you need any additional help for your Russian visa arrangment, please, do not hesitate to apply to the HSE conference LOC via conference e-mail: esconf2012@hse.ru


Useful links:

WaytoRussia Agency web-site: http://www.waytorussia.net/RussianVisa/Info.html